As Google will (and does) tell you, you don't necessarily have to spend a lot on AdWords to get a lot out of the pay-per-click advertising UNLESS you have allot of competition and want to stay on the top of the list. Even if you have a small daily budget, you want to make sure your money is not being wasted -- or at least try to ensure that the right people are clicking on your AdWords campaigns. ALWAYS turn your ads off/on during hours you think your customers will be looking for your services. Turn off/on your ads during days of the week you think your customers will be searching. You want to avoid spammers from overseas clicking on your ads to send you e-junk.
So to find out how your business can improve the odds of your AdWords campaigns reaching your target audience or customers, Google AdWords users and experts offer their 10 top tips for AdWords success.
1. Have a clear goal. The most important part of any SEM [search engine marketing] campaign is to have a clear goal in mind. Most business are looking to improve sales. So have your ads and your website designed to sell your product or service!
2. Keep your target customer in mind when writing your ads.
3. Don't mislead customers. Ads need to be entirely accurate for the landing page advertised. Your top targeted keywords should be used in the content included on that landing page and in the ads text.
4. Use negative keywords. Negative keywords are keywords related to other keywords in the campaign that are not related to what is being advertised. This drives better quality traffic and leads to your landing pages, while also improving your Google AdWords Quality Score.
5. Have a mobile/tablet version too!. Use mobile-preferred ads within your enhanced campaigns. This allows for customized message and mobile specific calls-to-action (CTAs) that will speak directly to your mobile users.
6. Testing and Maintenance. Identify your AdWords campaign goal/action, plan create various tests to try to maximize your outcome. Don’t build your AdWords campaign and walk away. Go to it multiple times monthly. Look at traffic, bids, who/what is seeing your ads and site and make changes and try new variations and keyword combinations. You need to make sure your not outbid and that you are still relevant.
6. Use a Pro. Have a professional Adwords campaign builder create your ads, keywords and your site. They all work together. Don’t let anyone build your site or campaign UNLESS they know your business well and can give you specific strategies on how to increase sales through website marketing efforts.
7. Implement conversion tracking. See what keywords are triggering a sale or a lead. Create feedback forms that on on your site that go directly to specific departments for tracking.
10. Monitor and tweak your campaigns. It can be hard to manage by yourself but a good campaign needs to be monitored and tweaked. Do not let your website or your campaign be static. This is a marketing investment. Work on it regularly.
Call Washington Graphic Services for FAST AdWord Campaign builds with ongoing monthly marketing/website strategies.