We regularly see instances in which small businesses owners insist their online investment is complete once they've had their business website designed, developed, and pushed live. In fact, those are just the first steps in establishing and growing an business online.
For the sake of search engine rankings, online marketing, increased conversions, and positive visitor experiences, website content must be maintained and kept fresh on a regular basis.
Hiring a professional web maintenance company allows business owners to save time and continue serving their customers without dealing with the hassle or stress associated with website work.
Common website maintenance services
Website maintenance tasks can be very time consuming. Some of the main tasks a web maintenance company can perform for you include:
- Ensuring your product (or service) descriptions and prices remain accurate
- Reviewing your website statistics to determine if any serious problems have developed (broken links, reduced browsing times, reduced conversions)
- Keeping your blog updated with relevant, fresh articles
- Responding to blog comments
- Updating your company's latest news, press releases, success stories, testimonials, case studies, events calendar, and portfolio entries
- Adding new products (e.g., adding new rental homes for a lodging company website)
- Inserting new photography
- Promoting new specials, deals, or sales
- Posting company newsletters
- Archiving content as it becomes older (moving it to another section of the website)
- Devising an effective website visitor and customer feedback plan
- Maximizing your search engine positioning (Search engine optimization, link building, keyword research)
- Website copywriting
- Checking for and fixing any broken links
A good web maintenance company will help you develop the plan that fits your needs, resources, and budget.